Monday, September 14, 2009

Photoshop "Keyboard shortcuts"


There are more keyboard shortcuts than anyone can remember, at least than I can. But there are some that really save a lot of time and are simple to use. Not only that but they make me feel like I really have learned something and have moved from beginner to another level. Try some of these and see for yourself. I use a PC so Mac users will have to search them out. If you go on-line you'll find them all.

Ctrl + J - Duplicates a layer. I use this on every photograph
Ctrl + Z - Undo/Redo the last action
Ctrl + Alt + Z - Step back (history)
B - Brush tool
[ - Decrease brush size
] - Increase brush size
Ctrl + 0 - Fit to screen
Ctrl + Space bar - Click and drag to zoom in
Space bar - Hold down and drag to move around the image

This one I learned from a Vincent Versace video. He calls it "the move". It comes in handy when you don't want to flatten your image. It gives you a merged version of all the layers below. Activate the top layer and do the following.

Ctrl + Alt + Shift + E - Stamp visible

No comments:

Post a Comment