Saturday, November 21, 2009

Lots going on. . .

The posted picture is of Cathedral Rock in Sedona Az. I think it's the most photographed place in the whole Southwest. We hiked to the top of a nearby ridge to get this angle. The clouds really helped that day.

On to other things. On our trip out West I read David duChemin's book"Within The Frame" again. I can't recommend it enough. It's not a "How to" book it's a "Why" book. Well, he has just come out with a new book called "Visionmongers, making a life and living in photography". I'll let you know how I like it after I read it. He is a great writer.

Trey Ratcliff is having a book signing in New York on Dec. 14. I'm really looking forward to meeting him. His HDR images and tutorials have been an inspiration to me. "A World in HDR" will be out soon, so look for it if your interested in HDR.

In this months "Photoshop user Magazine" Scott Kelby has his 4th Annual GONZO HOLIDAY GEAR GUIDE. It's really cool if your looking for a holiday gift idea for the shooter in your life.

Have a good rest of the day. More pictures and news tomorrow.

1 comment: