Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rick Sammon says, "Make a picture". So I did.


Click on the image to see it larger

Rick is one of my favorite photography teachers. He's smart, funny and imparts lots of "number one" tips. Here are 2 of them. "The camera looks both ways" and "don't just take a picture, make a picture".

Recently my wife and I were in Dominica (not the Dominican Republic). Walking down a street in the capital on a very hot and sunny day we saw this woman beautifully dressed. We stopped and talked to her for a few minutes. After asking each other questions I politely asked if I could take her picture next to my wife. She smiled and agreed. I showed her the image on the back of my camera. I then asked if I could now take her picture alone just a few steps away, in the shade.

Much better lighting. Thanks Rick. Check out his blog, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment