Saturday, June 30, 2012

Ask yourself this question, "Am I a photographer or am I an artist"

When giving a presentation or workshop I always ask if anyone in attendance has ever asked themselves this question. For the most part, only one or two people raise their hands. I shouldn't be surprised anymore, but I am. 

I go on to explain that I have given this question a lot of thought and I have concluded that I'm both. I consider myself a photographer when I'm out shooting and an artist when I come back to process and post-process my images.

It's an important question to ask yourself. The answer may surprise you.

3 comments:

  1. It's a good question and I agree that people should at least give it some thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ask myself that question frequently and I have not come to a absolutely comfortable answer. Artist - not as completely as I would like to be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Artist wannabe. Long way to go.

    ReplyDelete