Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Photomatix and NIK Announcements

Click image to see larger


This image was taken in an art gallery in Portland, Maine. I couldn't resist the temptation of asking the artist if it would be OK. He was very appreciative and let me take this and a few others. I must send him a print of this one.

Photomatix has a release a free upgrade of it's hdr processing software package. It pretty much looks and works the same way with a few additions that I found helpful.

  1. Selective de-ghosting tool. This is very cool.

  2. Better noise reduction.

  3. Ability to tone map a single image in 8 bit.

  4. Some presets. Not so cool. Well maybe they give you a place to start but I would rather do my own.

The new de-ghosting is a bit confusing at first but once found it works great. There are a few videos on the web. You can find a really good one here

I have heard that HDR Efex Pro will be available from NIK very soon. I plan to download the trial version to see if it's all they say it is. I'll let you know what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment