Monday, June 21, 2010

Another "juried" show acceptance

Click the image to enlarge

I'm really excited about this one. I submitted 5 images to the "Gallery 14" juried exhibition and "the Glass Blower" was chosen. I've always like this image. It was shot just outside of Santa Fe a while back.
It's a single image HDR processed in Photomatix and Color Efex Pro 3. I hope you like it.

Also, I just got a Logan Simplex Plus #760 mat cutter. I took a few practice tries but I have it down now and can cut a great looking mat in about 5 minutes. I would highly recommend it.


2 comments:

  1. Really nice work on this shot. I'll have to check on the Logan mat cutter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I admit that I am sometimes a critic of HDR-processed images because I think many of them are "obviously" HDR. Nothing wrong with them -- just not my taste I guess.

    This is an example of a truly GREAT photograph. I can see myself standing and watching the subject in this scene. The lighting is fantastic, and the composition is suitable for the best magazines and galleries.

    Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete