Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Jay Maisel and me

Click the image to view larger

Well, that's a small exaggeration. A few months ago I wrote a blog about a course I took on Kelby Training, "A Day With Jay Maisel". Scott Kelby and Jay did a photo walk on the streets of New York. It's great. This past Friday my wife and I where going to spend the day in the city. The plan was to take the train into New York, the subway uptown and spend some time at The Metropolitan Museum of Art. I always have a camera with me and I knew I would have opportunities to take some picture. New York is a shooting gallery. Maybe a bad choice of words but you know what I mean. As Jay says, "If you miss the first 100 shots there are 1,000 more coming your way in a few minutes."

I thought that before going I would take the time to watch the course again. It's amazing how much information Jay imparts. Every word is a gem. Even Kelby is wide eyed.

This is a must see for anyone who walks around with a camera. His 3 word mantra "light, color, gesture". Words to think about when taking pictures.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic Shot!!! I love photography. Don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you had to say about shotting also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautifully composed and post-processed. I've shown it to several people and everyone loves it!

    ReplyDelete