Sunday, August 8, 2010

Back from Long Island and The Cape plus a Lens Flare tip.

Click to view larger
We're back. The art sale in East Hampton was fun. The 2 pictures that I was sure would sell did not, but 2 others did. I'm happy about that. My friend Steve sold all 5 of his. They were wonderful images. You can see his work here.
I must admit that I didn't do much shooting in either place. It just didn't work out. I'm a little disappointed with that. I did get a few good pictures that I'll post later this week.
Getting a good lens flare "in camera".
Matt Kloskowski showed this tip on a recent episode of "D town". His turned out a lot better than mine but I know what went wrong so I thought I would share it. When shooting into the sun and you want a sun flare, close you lens down to f16 or smaller. I shot mine at f22 and it's a bit much. Next time I'll shoot a range of f stops to get the right effect. Matt did say that every lens is a little different and you need to experiment. I remembered that today. I'll remember it next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment